Are you our new social video producer?
We’re looking for an ambitious, creative and resourceful video producer who can create compelling original videos for all of our social pages. You must be native to the digital and urban cultural landscape, with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media and emerging technology/platforms. You must love to experiment and adapt to the constantly changing needs of social and focus on whatever works according to each platform.
The ideal candidate has a background in storytelling, independent video production and motion graphics, and genuinely believes the internet and social media is a place to explore ideas and communicate with other like-minded individuals.
You must be able to put aside all your learnings and experience about filmmaking, video imagery and editing when needed. Sometimes terrible filmed tape will turn out more compelling and engaging then beautiful moneyshots from your DSLR. Other times, your beauty shots and carefully crafted edit will be used for different projects.
Header picture by Casper Cox.
Chase is a community of digital storytellers out to explore urban life. We empower digital storytellers to create engaging stories that kickstart cultural and social change. We make inspiring stories adapted to an online audience: social videos, in-depth articles, Instagram-stories, Facebook livestreams, photo albums… shared throughout the community. Everything is spread on the Chase channels in four content verticals: urban music, lifestyle, creatives and society.
Chase uses the power of the world wide web to track down stories, (re-)tell these stories and share them with the whole community. To this end Chase invests in and supports every individual storyteller in the community. They work together online or in the Chase hubs in four cities to produce their story. Chase is always on the lookout for concepts and influential people/events/artists/brands/… that deserve to have a bigger audience and actively helps in getting the word out.
- Conceptualise and create social-first video, including UGC and Live video formats, as well as original content.
- Work with the rest of the social team on creating formats and distribution for social video.
- Support Chase talent management in building strong creative teams.
- Search the internet for the most interesting trending content in our verticals Urban Music, Lifestyle, Creatives and Societal Influences.
- In some cases, shoot video in the area or work with the video team at large on shooting original footage.
- Produce and publish several videos per week across our social media channels.
- Actively build the strategy and video content for Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, as well as Snapchat, etc.
- Track social video performance and optimise, making every single one better than the last.
- You know how to compose and write a compelling story for different goals and audiences.
- You’re an excellent creative and scriptwriter: you know how to find the angle in any story, and how to bring this to life in different kinds of videos.
- Solid familiarity with how social video is being used and distributed on the internet.
- Excited to find new trending topics, ideas and inspiration for video.
- Passion for all things Chase: urban music, culture, travel, art, lifestyle, society will come in handy.
- Proven experience in graphic design and video editing.
- 2+ years of experience with video production, using Adobe Creative Suite (specifically, Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop).
- Strong passion for social media and all things internet is a must.
- Good knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat) and an interest in the differences between them.
- You have a bachelor degree in audiovisual-, communication-, marketing- or digital media. Or useful experience in any of these fields.
- Good at managing your time and a solid understanding of how long your projects will take.
- Ability to work on your own and / or in small teams.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Team player with a hard working flexible attitude and interest in working in a dynamic startup environment.
- You should be keen to give and receive feedback and constantly develop your skills and be open to attend training sessions or conferences on the broad topic.
- You should feel comfortable working within a company with people from different cultural backgrounds.
Starting in January 2018, we will move to our new offices in the center of Ghent (Holstraat), Belgium.
We want to engage you for at least 20-hours per week. Depending on your experience, skills and current activities, we will work out a system that includes either a paid traineeship, starts with freelance contracts or you’ll be hired to work as an employee in our company.
How To Apply
Send your motivation letter and CV (in 1 single pdf) with links to online references or social video’s (with clear notion: what part of the reference did you create yourself?) to email@example.com, with subject ‘social video producer + your name’. Deadline: 8th of January 2018, 23h59.
We’ll try to confirm receiving your application within 5 working days (excluding holidays). All candidates will receive news if they are selected for a next step or not, at the latest on 11th of January. Talks for the next selection round will take place in the week of January 15.
More info? Check out our socials and website.
All new articles
Discovering dub culture and its influence on music at Couleur CaféDub: it’s something everybody knows but on the other hand, nobody truly knows. It’s a culture and music that is embedded throughout society in various ways which had a big influence on music and still does today. Dub music founded its roots on the Caribbean island Jamaica, yes that country where Bob Marley was born. What not so many people know is that this is also kind of the place where the roots of hip-hop and many other genres and musical traditions were born. Since then it has spread out over the world and established itself as a subculture with a broad following. We sat down with the guys from Roots Corner sound system at Couleur Café who hosted their very own dub corner stage with their soundsystem for three days straight. Discover all about dub music, the culture and its influence in this article!
The most colourful people at Couleur CaféLast weekend we went to Couleur Café with our Chase team. Couleur Café is not only a festival to discover great new music, food, graffiti art and all that good stuff, but also a festival to discover new people. It might be weird to describe, but it is a festival where people come together with an open mind. Once you walk past the Atomium, you enter a place where people are ought to be themselves and do whatever they want, well almost whatever they want… A place for kids, youngsters, hipsters, people of age, Rastafari, parents and so on! Everybody is welcome. We wanted to meet some of these people and tried to find five of the most colorful people at Couleur Café. Or at least some of the most Colorful since everybody is a bit crazy in their own positive way there!
How the Levi’s 501 Managed to Become a Style Icon
Over the last 145 years, Levi’s has been creating a huge legacy within the fashion and denim industry. The brand effortlessly embedded itself at the heart of subcultures and communities. Pioneer of denim, Levi’s managed to set itself apart from its competitors by creating an iconic silhouette lasting through...
5 clothing brands that are both fashionable and sustainableOrganizations all over the world are taking action in the battle against pollution and unfair working conditions. Especially fashion labels are stepping up their game. We selected five clothing brands that not only look good, but also make you feel good. We bet they’ll make you want to immediately ditch your current shopping habits.
Discover the new Niveau4 team at Couleur Café 2018In 2016, Couleur Café founded Niveau4: a unique show featuring the most promising rappers from Brussels, Flanders and Wallonia. Upcoming young performers get the chance to go all out on stage for a big crowd. Through Niveau4, the big audience got to know artists who are now at the top of Belgian hip hop charts. We're thinking of Coely, Roméo Elvis, Stikstof, ... This year, the festival presents the third edition of Niveau4 with six up and coming Belhop acts.
Travel to New York through our Instagram takeover by photographer Sacha Claes
The Hasselt-based video- and photographer Sacha Claes brings along his camera wherever he goes. In his portfolio you’ll find colourful pictures he took on various trips. For his Instagram takeover he shared 7 shots he took in New York City. Past winter he paid a memorable visit to the Big Apple. Discover more about Sacha and his trip to the most notorious city in his takeover.
Fire is Gold festival’s new unisex hoodies collectionThe new unisex hoodie collection of the music, sports and fashion festival Fire is Gold is here, and it’s lit. Literally. The overall color/theme is yellow, the color of flames (and probably closest to gold) and the FiG logo all over the sleeves. The sweaters come in black too if yellow isn't your thing.
Desperados DIY Sound Stage with KiNK
We know Desperados as the world’s first Tequila Flavoured Beer. Many of us sip a couple of chilled Desperados during hot summer nights or maybe at a club with friends. It doesn’t matter where you drink it, with Desperados you can turn any place into a party. With that sprit in mind, the beer brand invited up to 300 party people to an old sugar factory in Amsterdam.
Meet 21-year old producer Messoins, the brain behind YouTube series #JourneyOfABeatMusic and storytelling: its a match made in heaven for Arsène Rurangiza aka music producer and composer Messoins. He makes the art of producing beats look easy in his YouTube series Journey of a Beat. Messoins takes his viewers on a musical journey during which he explains step-by-step how he produced a certain beat. The digital music composer takes his beatmaking videos to the next level by inviting artists for each session. They write lyrics to his beats and perform the song live at the end of the video. Messoins manges to compress this whole process into easy-to-watch 5-minute videos.
5 New Belgian Hip-Hop Tracks You Should Check OutWe’re back with your weekly update of new Belgian hip-hop tracks. This week we’re presenting debut singles from 3C1P and MVNSI, some funky beats by JTOTHEC and Kunde. And to top off: another release from the notorious Brussels hip-hop duo Caballero & JeanJass featuring their pal Roméo Elvis
Relaas x Enchanté: een Gentse verhalenavond voor en door kansarmen
Een kop koffie, een fris glas cola of gezellig uit eten gaan; het lijken evidenties, maar zijn dat bijlange niet voor iedereen. In Vlaanderen zijn er heel wat mensen die niet kunnen delen in onze comforten zoals knusse koffiebars en hippe restaurants. De twee Gentse non-profit organisaties Relaas en Enchanté slaan de handen in elkaar om mensen die er nood aan hebben bij te staan.