Are you our new social video producer?
We’re looking for an ambitious, creative and resourceful video producer who can create compelling original videos for all of our social pages. You must be native to the digital and urban cultural landscape, with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media and emerging technology/platforms. You must love to experiment and adapt to the constantly changing needs of social and focus on whatever works according to each platform.
The ideal candidate has a background in storytelling, independent video production and motion graphics, and genuinely believes the internet and social media is a place to explore ideas and communicate with other like-minded individuals.
You must be able to put aside all your learnings and experience about filmmaking, video imagery and editing when needed. Sometimes terrible filmed tape will turn out more compelling and engaging then beautiful moneyshots from your DSLR. Other times, your beauty shots and carefully crafted edit will be used for different projects.
Header picture by Casper Cox.
Chase is a community of digital storytellers out to explore urban life. We empower digital storytellers to create engaging stories that kickstart cultural and social change. We make inspiring stories adapted to an online audience: social videos, in-depth articles, Instagram-stories, Facebook livestreams, photo albums… shared throughout the community. Everything is spread on the Chase channels in four content verticals: urban music, lifestyle, creatives and society.
Chase uses the power of the world wide web to track down stories, (re-)tell these stories and share them with the whole community. To this end Chase invests in and supports every individual storyteller in the community. They work together online or in the Chase hubs in four cities to produce their story. Chase is always on the lookout for concepts and influential people/events/artists/brands/… that deserve to have a bigger audience and actively helps in getting the word out.
- Conceptualise and create social-first video, including UGC and Live video formats, as well as original content.
- Work with the rest of the social team on creating formats and distribution for social video.
- Support Chase talent management in building strong creative teams.
- Search the internet for the most interesting trending content in our verticals Urban Music, Lifestyle, Creatives and Societal Influences.
- In some cases, shoot video in the area or work with the video team at large on shooting original footage.
- Produce and publish several videos per week across our social media channels.
- Actively build the strategy and video content for Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, as well as Snapchat, etc.
- Track social video performance and optimise, making every single one better than the last.
- You know how to compose and write a compelling story for different goals and audiences.
- You’re an excellent creative and scriptwriter: you know how to find the angle in any story, and how to bring this to life in different kinds of videos.
- Solid familiarity with how social video is being used and distributed on the internet.
- Excited to find new trending topics, ideas and inspiration for video.
- Passion for all things Chase: urban music, culture, travel, art, lifestyle, society will come in handy.
- Proven experience in graphic design and video editing.
- 2+ years of experience with video production, using Adobe Creative Suite (specifically, Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop).
- Strong passion for social media and all things internet is a must.
- Good knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat) and an interest in the differences between them.
- You have a bachelor degree in audiovisual-, communication-, marketing- or digital media. Or useful experience in any of these fields.
- Good at managing your time and a solid understanding of how long your projects will take.
- Ability to work on your own and / or in small teams.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Team player with a hard working flexible attitude and interest in working in a dynamic startup environment.
- You should be keen to give and receive feedback and constantly develop your skills and be open to attend training sessions or conferences on the broad topic.
- You should feel comfortable working within a company with people from different cultural backgrounds.
Starting in January 2018, we will move to our new offices in the center of Ghent (Holstraat), Belgium.
We want to engage you for at least 20-hours per week. Depending on your experience, skills and current activities, we will work out a system that includes either a paid traineeship, starts with freelance contracts or you’ll be hired to work as an employee in our company.
How To Apply
Send your motivation letter and CV (in 1 single pdf) with links to online references or social video’s (with clear notion: what part of the reference did you create yourself?) to email@example.com, with subject ‘social video producer + your name’. Deadline: 8th of January 2018, 23h59.
We’ll try to confirm receiving your application within 5 working days (excluding holidays). All candidates will receive news if they are selected for a next step or not, at the latest on 11th of January. Talks for the next selection round will take place in the week of January 15.
More info? Check out our socials and website.
All new articles
Bird over zijn debuutalbum ‘Vogelvlucht’: “Blij dat ik zo lang gewacht heb om dit te droppen”
Toen Bird in 2014 'Klootzak met karakter' uitbracht onder SG Records, was dat onmiddelijk een schot in de roos. Ondertussen mogen we deze plaat als een Vlaamse rapklassieker beschouwen waarvan de teller al op bijna 200.000 plays staat, en het bezorgde hem de award van beste nieuwkomer op de Vlaamse Rap Awards....
Our 11 favourite Belgian hip hop tracks of 2017
This list is compiled by two members of the Chase music team. Raf Cyran, music producer, beatmaker and record label owner, and Mitchell Galle, owner of the Vlaams hip hop talent group, rapper and community manager for Red Bull Bekvechten, bring you their favourite Belgian tracks of the year. ...
Boeken drops video for ‘Wolven’ exclusively on Chase
Antwerp-based rapper Boeken is mostly known for his work at StraatWaarde and as co-founder of S.G. Records. He’s also a devoted freestyle MC, who recently took second place at the Red Bull Beckvechten battle. In 2014 he started collaborating with NoMoBS and...
DJ IDFX verzamelt West-Vlaamse ‘Kletsers & Klassiks’ op zijn nieuwe mixtape
David Carton – beter bekend als DJ IDFX – stichtte zo’n twintig jaar geleden samen met mc Herbie de West-Vlaamse hiphop-/reggaeband Pure Blend op. Sinds 2014 staat de groep op non-actief, maar IDFX laat nog dikwijls van zich horen. Tegenwoordig kennen we de Roeselarenaar vooral als admin van...
5 reasons why you should check out Brussels Jazz Festival 2018
From the 11th till the 20th of January, Flagey organises the fourth edition of Brussels Jazz Festival! Every year in January, this festival strikes down in one of the nicest districts of Brussels. You can enjoy 10 days of non-stop jazz. National and international top musicians and artists offer us...
Meet Freddie King, Antwerp-based rapper with the best barber in town.
Fredddie King is an Antwerp-based rapper. He recently released his first EP 'Strakke Plan' so we decided to have a talk with him at his favourite barbershop, Barber Philip. Freddie King will soon announce his tour in the Flemish region of Belgium. Keep an eye on this young...
There’s a new kid on the block: Jewels presents - KRT
The word is out! Jules Thys, hier in Litburg beter bekend als Jewels, zegt vaarwel aan Grensloos en lanceert een gloednieuw hiphopconcept. Karaat, of kortweg KRT, zal op donderdag 3 maart doorgaan in de Muziekodroom in Hasselt. Jewels, Eagl, Grover, Dvtch Norris en Onze Zaak. Dat zijn de...
Schrijf je nu in voor de tweede editie van Red Bull Bekvechten!
Red Bull Bekvechten is back met een tweede editie! Harder, sneller en nog gevaarlijker! Red Bull en Chase slaan opnieuw de handen in elkaar en presenteren samen met trots deze nieuwe editie. Na de succesvolle, eerste editie met meer dan 400 toeschouwers in een nokvol gevulde De Studio kon een...
#BelgiansDoItBetter: Knitwear by Emely Van Impe
Here's an idea: instead of spending all those NY's moneys at high street shops, invest in a piece by a Belgian designer. Our pick? Emely Van Impe's scarves and sweaters, which will keep you warm and cosy while stripe-ing a perfect pose. We caught up...
5 Belgian Artists to Watch in 2018
As the new year takes off everybody is traditionally preoccupied with new year's resolutions and/or diet programs. Instead of a diet program, that you probably won't follow through anyway, we've got some nice artists for you to follow! Here are five artist to keep an...
Will “Jizz Jazz” Be The Next Big Thing of 2018?
The (rather ambiguous) term 'Jizz Jazz' was coined by Mac DeMarco. He actually named his home studio in Brooklyn 'Jizz Jazz Studios'. Nowadays, you just can’t classify a song as simply Indie Pop Rock. There are way too many subgenres. One of such, in the...
5 new Belgian Hip-Hop tracks you don’t want to miss
We hope you had an amazing Christmas, we know we did! However, we still have some presents for you to unwrap that didn't make it under your christmas tree. 5 new amazing sounds that have: 'Belgium is the bombdiggity' written all over them. Freddie King - ...
Street Heart Hard Times sweaters bezorgen daklozen warme kerst
Door een sweater te kopen met een hip ontwerp erop, kan jij een dakloze (of zelfs twee) een warmere kerst bezorgen. Van een win-winsituatie gesproken! Dit hartverwarmende initiatief wordt deze winter verwezenlijkt door Street Heart Hard Times, of kortweg 'SHHT'. Voor deze allereerste editie ontwierpen wel negen Belgische street...