Are you our new social video producer?
We’re looking for an ambitious, creative and resourceful video producer who can create compelling original videos for all of our social pages. You must be native to the digital and urban cultural landscape, with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media and emerging technology/platforms. You must love to experiment and adapt to the constantly changing needs of social and focus on whatever works according to each platform.
The ideal candidate has a background in storytelling, independent video production and motion graphics, and genuinely believes the internet and social media is a place to explore ideas and communicate with other like-minded individuals.
You must be able to put aside all your learnings and experience about filmmaking, video imagery and editing when needed. Sometimes terrible filmed tape will turn out more compelling and engaging then beautiful moneyshots from your DSLR. Other times, your beauty shots and carefully crafted edit will be used for different projects.
Header picture by Casper Cox.
Chase is a community of digital storytellers out to explore urban life. We empower digital storytellers to create engaging stories that kickstart cultural and social change. We make inspiring stories adapted to an online audience: social videos, in-depth articles, Instagram-stories, Facebook livestreams, photo albums… shared throughout the community. Everything is spread on the Chase channels in four content verticals: urban music, lifestyle, creatives and society.
Chase uses the power of the world wide web to track down stories, (re-)tell these stories and share them with the whole community. To this end Chase invests in and supports every individual storyteller in the community. They work together online or in the Chase hubs in four cities to produce their story. Chase is always on the lookout for concepts and influential people/events/artists/brands/… that deserve to have a bigger audience and actively helps in getting the word out.
- Conceptualise and create social-first video, including UGC and Live video formats, as well as original content.
- Work with the rest of the social team on creating formats and distribution for social video.
- Support Chase talent management in building strong creative teams.
- Search the internet for the most interesting trending content in our verticals Urban Music, Lifestyle, Creatives and Societal Influences.
- In some cases, shoot video in the area or work with the video team at large on shooting original footage.
- Produce and publish several videos per week across our social media channels.
- Actively build the strategy and video content for Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, as well as Snapchat, etc.
- Track social video performance and optimise, making every single one better than the last.
- You know how to compose and write a compelling story for different goals and audiences.
- You’re an excellent creative and scriptwriter: you know how to find the angle in any story, and how to bring this to life in different kinds of videos.
- Solid familiarity with how social video is being used and distributed on the internet.
- Excited to find new trending topics, ideas and inspiration for video.
- Passion for all things Chase: urban music, culture, travel, art, lifestyle, society will come in handy.
- Proven experience in graphic design and video editing.
- 2+ years of experience with video production, using Adobe Creative Suite (specifically, Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop).
- Strong passion for social media and all things internet is a must.
- Good knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat) and an interest in the differences between them.
- You have a bachelor degree in audiovisual-, communication-, marketing- or digital media. Or useful experience in any of these fields.
- Good at managing your time and a solid understanding of how long your projects will take.
- Ability to work on your own and / or in small teams.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Team player with a hard working flexible attitude and interest in working in a dynamic startup environment.
- You should be keen to give and receive feedback and constantly develop your skills and be open to attend training sessions or conferences on the broad topic.
- You should feel comfortable working within a company with people from different cultural backgrounds.
Starting in January 2018, we will move to our new offices in the center of Ghent (Holstraat), Belgium.
We want to engage you for at least 20-hours per week. Depending on your experience, skills and current activities, we will work out a system that includes either a paid traineeship, starts with freelance contracts or you’ll be hired to work as an employee in our company.
How To Apply
Send your motivation letter and CV (in 1 single pdf) with links to online references or social video’s (with clear notion: what part of the reference did you create yourself?) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject ‘social video producer + your name’. Deadline: 8th of January 2018, 23h59.
We’ll try to confirm receiving your application within 5 working days (excluding holidays). All candidates will receive news if they are selected for a next step or not, at the latest on 11th of January. Talks for the next selection round will take place in the week of January 15.
More info? Check out our socials and website.
All new articles
New hip-hop festival in Tongeren: Hip Hub HoorayHip Hub Hooray is a new hip-hop festival in Tongeren. Sven Gatz, the Flemish Minister of Culture, Youth, Media and Brussel, announced the festival yesterday. Hip Hub Hooray is a collaboration between the Flemish and the French Community, the province of Limburg and Sabam for Culture.
Waarom Kortrijk Fun-K-Town is
Meer dan tien jaar geleden zetten de West-Vlamingen van Massive Sound Kortrijk als K-Town op de kaart in het Belgische dancehallcircuit. Tegenwoordig kunnen we die bijnaam uitbreiden naar Fun-K-Town en daar zijn verscheidene redenen voor te bedenken. Tekst: Wouter Verheecke - Foto's: Thanh Rootdivision Cultureel...
Molenbeek: 5 reasons why you should visitBrussels is known for its flourishing hip-hop scene. Icons like Damso, Roméo Elvis & Le Motel and Zwanger Guy all sprouted from this city. Especially the commune Molenbeek (read: VK concerts) is the place to be for hip-hop gigs. Unfortunately, its reputation took a big hit from the media after the terrorist attacks in 2016. In that same year we launched our Chase team in Brussels and quickly discovered some gems Molenbeek has hidden under its cobblestones. Keep on reading to discover what you have been missing out on all along.
5 redenen om het Rotterdamse Motel Mozaïque festival te checken
De zegswijze ‘Het mooiste aan Amsterdam is de trein naar Rotterdam’ klinkt je misschien nog niet bekend in de oren maar wij bevestigen graag dat Rotterdam zeker niet moet onderdoen voor zijn bekendere tegenpool. De hippe metropool straalt gezelligheid uit met een dosis Hollandse directheid. Net die gezelligheid probeert het...
SUSOBRINO - Winner Of The Champion Sound Beat Battle 2018
We had a talk with Susobrino, winner of the Champion Sound Beat Battle 2018. He's a talented young producer who's inspired by ethnic music from around the world. He's also a field recorder who uses his own recorded sounds to create his own beats. Interview by Ingmar Doumen....
Safi stelt track per track zijn debuutplaat ‘Bewust’ voor
Mechelaar Safi bracht enkele weken geleden zijn eerste solo album 'Bewust' uit. Na drie albums met Safi & Spreej gingen de rappers elk hun eigen weg. Met 'Bewust' dropt Safi een zeer persoonlijke plaat waarop hij een bijzonder turbulente en zware periode van zich afschrijft. Ook laat hij ons kennismaken...
Chase starts social storytelling agency Chase Creative
Lately, we got more and more questions from brands who wanted to work with us to promote their events, products, and artists. So we decided to start our own social storytelling agency called Chase Creative. With Chase Creative, we specialize in social content, social media management and social...
Join the Belgian hip-hop Facebook group
Together with Tarmac we just launched the Belgian hip-hop Facebook group. Hip-hop in our country has been doing good these past years but we noticed our scene is still pretty much divided due to the language differences. By now most hip-hop fans in Flanders are well aware...
Miss Angel, “voor ik het wist stond mijn eerste nummer op Youtube, crazy”
Uit het niets dropte Miss Angel drie weken geleden haar eerste clip Ghetto Supahstar. Ondertussen haalde de clip 3000 views. Bij Chase waren we onmiddellijk fan en we namen de clip op in onze wekelijks Belgian Hip-Hop lijst. Ook MNM en Studio Brussel besteedden er aandacht aan....
Lowup: The Brussels Collective You Need To Know About
Meet Lowup records, a Brussels collective that has been around for ten years and is hopefully here to stay for another ten! From illegal parties to raves at Beurschouwburg and Recyclart. They became a fixture in Brussels with their own label, visual identity, weekly radioshows and memorable parties....
Why You Should Invest in EUphoria, a New Film by Black speaks Back
Black speaks Back, a Belgian-Dutch non-profit organisation focusing on the empowerment of youth with African roots, is producing its very first Afrofuturistic musical film in Brussels but they need your help! Here's why you should consider investing in this innovative project: Black speaks Back have...
New Chase talent wanted in Ghent & East Flanders
At Chase we're always looking for fresh talent to come and join our current team. We are looking for bloggers (Dutch and/or English), final editors, photographers, videographers, video producers, graphic designers, social media wizards and much, much more....
6 new Belgian Hip-Hop tracks you don’t want to miss
We are back with a fresh new batch of Belgian hip-hop tunes. Below you can find the latest tracks by Pasi, Miss Angel, Scottie, Phasm, Luie Louis and Ben & Syre! Pasi - Visioenen (feat. Tiewai) Pasi is having some visions. He recruited Tiewai to lay...