JOB OFFER: content creator / social media manager / talent coach at Chase Music
Are you a ‘creative’ interested in music, lifestyle and society? Is digital content creation your second nature? Do you love having conversations on social media and do you enjoy sharing your knowledge with others? Then this might be your dream job offer.
Pictures: Chase office Ghent by Jennifer Kesteleyn.
Chase Music is our community of digital storytellers. We empower digital storytellers to create engaging stories that kickstart cultural and social change. We make inspiring stories about music, lifestyle, creatives and society, adapted to an online audience: social videos, in-depth articles, Instagram-stories, Facebook live streams, photo albums…
Chase Music uses the power of the world wide web and our network to track down stories, (re-)tell these stories and share them with our audience. To this end, Chase Music invests in and supports every individual storyteller in the community. They work together online or in the Chase hubs. Chase Music is always on the lookout for concepts and influential people/events/artists/brands/… that deserve to have a bigger audience.
We’re looking for an ambitious and resourceful content creator who can create compelling original content, or translate existing articles to social content for all of our online and social channels. You must be native to the digital and urban cultural landscape, with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media and emerging technology/platforms.
You must love to experiment and adapt to the constantly changing needs of social media and focus on whatever works according to each platform. The ideal candidate supports our mission, has a background in storytelling, and genuinely believes the internet and social media is a place to explore ideas and communicate with other like-minded individuals.
Next to being a content creator, you are a respectful and motivating talent coach for a group of young creators that make articles, photos, video, Instagram-stories or any kind of social content for Chase Music. You love organising workshops and get-togethers in close collaboration with our Chase Academy team, to help grow the digital storytelling skills of our volunteers.
You also enjoy having online conversations and would be responsible for managing our social media accounts and for starting engaging conversations with our followers.
- You produce and publish social media content in our current formats & templates across our social media channels.
- You keep up with our social media channels and follow up on reactions and questions.
- You work with the rest of the Chase team on creating new formats for our content.
- You track social content performance and optimise, make every post better than the last.
- You organise a number of workshops (online or offline) every quarter for our volunteers.
- You coach our young volunteering content creators and help them to finish their content to our standards and to the best of their ability.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience: as a digital content creator and / or talent coach for digital creators AND / OR in a media environment or a relevant digital organisation.
- You’re fluent in English. Dutch and/or French is a plus.
- You know how to compose and write a compelling story for different goals and audiences.
- You’re an excellent creative: you know how to find the angle in any story, and how to bring this to life on the right platform.
- You have a passion for all things Chase: urban music, culture, travel, art, lifestyle, society.
- You feel challenged by a small but steadily growing organisation, where you can move both fast and creatively, and your input has a real impact on the daily operations.
- You are a real people and community-minded person with highly developed social skills.
- You know how to use fresh tools and technical possibilities in order to obtain our strategic goals.
- You possess the ability to work on your own and/or in small, complementary teams.
- You are keen to give and receive feedback and constantly develop your skills.
- You are good at managing your time and a solid understanding of how long your projects will take.
Nice to have’s:
- You have a strong network in and/or a connection with Brussels.
- You have some Spotify lists ready to fuel our Sonos speakers.
- You know your way into the urban scenes in Belgium.
- Your brain is almost directly linked to the internet and you have an ‘always on’ attitude.
Our main office is located in Holstraat 21, Ghent, Belgium. It’s a nice and bright place in the heart of Ghent, just 5 minutes away from the main bus and tram stations. However, you will sometimes be required to visit creators or (potential) partners in different locations all over the country. All of this depends on the evolution of the Covid-19 situation. The Chase team is mostly working from home right now, with occasional small-team meetings in our office in Ghent.
As a start, we want to engage you for 3 days a week. Depending on your experience, skills and current activities, you’ll be hired to work as an employee, with a competitive salary based on the sector and your experience, or we will work out a long-term independent contract if you’re a freelancer / independent contractor.
You’ll be part of our exciting and creative work environment consisting of 15 very friendly Chase colleagues, with several freelancers and interns coming in every couple of days. Most of us don’t live to work, but we love working together. Being part of the Chase community means that every couple of months, we have internal training moments for the team members on all kinds of topics. That’s when we invite both local and international speakers to come by and inspire or train us.
Every few weeks, (in non-Covid-times) you get the chance to attend several Chase community events or activities, going from concerts, festivals, events, movie nights, office drinks, … For our staff members, we also organise informal get-togethers regularly.
How to apply:
Send your motivation letter and CV (in 1 single pdf, no .docx please) with links to online references to email@example.com, with the subject ‘content creator / social media manager / talent coach + your name’.
Deadline for application: 7th of September 2020, 23h59.
We’ll try to confirm receiving your application within 5 working days. All candidates will receive news if they are selected for a next step or not by 10th of September. We’d love to start working together in September.