Are you our new social video producer?
We’re looking for an ambitious, creative and resourceful video producer who can create compelling original videos for all of our social pages. You must be native to the digital and urban cultural landscape, with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media and emerging technology/platforms. You must love to experiment and adapt to the constantly changing needs of social and focus on whatever works according to each platform.
The ideal candidate has a background in storytelling, independent video production and motion graphics, and genuinely believes the internet and social media is a place to explore ideas and communicate with other like-minded individuals.
You must be able to put aside all your learnings and experience about filmmaking, video imagery and editing when needed. Sometimes terrible filmed tape will turn out more compelling and engaging then beautiful moneyshots from your DSLR. Other times, your beauty shots and carefully crafted edit will be used for different projects.
Header picture by Casper Cox.
Chase is a community of digital storytellers out to explore urban life. We empower digital storytellers to create engaging stories that kickstart cultural and social change. We make inspiring stories adapted to an online audience: social videos, in-depth articles, Instagram-stories, Facebook livestreams, photo albums… shared throughout the community. Everything is spread on the Chase channels in four content verticals: urban music, lifestyle, creatives and society.
Chase uses the power of the world wide web to track down stories, (re-)tell these stories and share them with the whole community. To this end Chase invests in and supports every individual storyteller in the community. They work together online or in the Chase hubs in four cities to produce their story. Chase is always on the lookout for concepts and influential people/events/artists/brands/… that deserve to have a bigger audience and actively helps in getting the word out.
- Conceptualise and create social-first video, including UGC and Live video formats, as well as original content.
- Work with the rest of the social team on creating formats and distribution for social video.
- Support Chase talent management in building strong creative teams.
- Search the internet for the most interesting trending content in our verticals Urban Music, Lifestyle, Creatives and Societal Influences.
- In some cases, shoot video in the area or work with the video team at large on shooting original footage.
- Produce and publish several videos per week across our social media channels.
- Actively build the strategy and video content for Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, as well as Snapchat, etc.
- Track social video performance and optimise, making every single one better than the last.
- You know how to compose and write a compelling story for different goals and audiences.
- You’re an excellent creative and scriptwriter: you know how to find the angle in any story, and how to bring this to life in different kinds of videos.
- Solid familiarity with how social video is being used and distributed on the internet.
- Excited to find new trending topics, ideas and inspiration for video.
- Passion for all things Chase: urban music, culture, travel, art, lifestyle, society will come in handy.
- Proven experience in graphic design and video editing.
- 2+ years of experience with video production, using Adobe Creative Suite (specifically, Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop).
- Strong passion for social media and all things internet is a must.
- Good knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat) and an interest in the differences between them.
- You have a bachelor degree in audiovisual-, communication-, marketing- or digital media. Or useful experience in any of these fields.
- Good at managing your time and a solid understanding of how long your projects will take.
- Ability to work on your own and / or in small teams.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Team player with a hard working flexible attitude and interest in working in a dynamic startup environment.
- You should be keen to give and receive feedback and constantly develop your skills and be open to attend training sessions or conferences on the broad topic.
- You should feel comfortable working within a company with people from different cultural backgrounds.
Starting in January 2018, we will move to our new offices in the center of Ghent (Holstraat), Belgium.
We want to engage you for at least 20-hours per week. Depending on your experience, skills and current activities, we will work out a system that includes either a paid traineeship, starts with freelance contracts or you’ll be hired to work as an employee in our company.
How To Apply
Send your motivation letter and CV (in 1 single pdf) with links to online references or social video’s (with clear notion: what part of the reference did you create yourself?) to email@example.com, with subject ‘social video producer + your name’. Deadline: 8th of January 2018, 23h59.
We’ll try to confirm receiving your application within 5 working days (excluding holidays). All candidates will receive news if they are selected for a next step or not, at the latest on 11th of January. Talks for the next selection round will take place in the week of January 15.
More info? Check out our socials and website.
All new articles
Slow fashion: 5 local brands that upcycle second-hand clothing
Slow fashion: 5 local brands that upcycle second-hand clothing. We have to put effort into making our planet greener and into shortening the fashion cycle. This can be done by supporting local fashion brands who make new clothing pieces by upcycling second-hand clothes. Here are 5 of our favorite local upcyclers.
Vacature Projectmedewerker - Culture Crossing 2021-2023
Culture Crossing is op zoek naar een projectmedewerker! Ben jij een gedreven organisator met ervaring als productieleider? Hou je van diversiteit in al zijn aspecten en ben je tegelijkertijd iemand die de zaken graag op orde heeft? Dan ben jij misschien de geschikte persoon.
Ik ga vrijwilligerswerk doen in Afrika en ik neem mee: mijn smartphone en mijn selfiestick.Elk jaar reizen er tienduizenden vrijwilligers af naar Afrika. Ze helpen er in weeshuizen, bouwen mee een school op of geven Engelse les. Deze bezoeken kunnen goed bedoeld zijn, maar de lokale bevolking help je er niet altijd mee vooruit. Daarbovenop kunnen je altruïstische motieven ook in vraag worden gesteld wanneer je op sociale media te veel foto’s post van dit vrijwilligerswerk.
‘Rafik - Do Dreams Come True’ Documentary‘Rafik - Do Dreams Come True?’ tells the inspirational story of Rafik Bobo, a stuntman and action actor from Antwerp who even worked for Marvel. Rafik followed a bumpy road, hence the title of the movie ‘Do Dreams Come True?’. This movie will definitely inspire many.
Trailer: ‘Rafik - Do dreams come true?’
Friday, April 30 we exclusively premiere the documentary ‘Rafik - Do dreams come true?’ on Chase Music. The documentary will only be available during that weekend. Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to not miss out. Rafik the documentary - Do dream come true? Rafik the documentary...
Standing (re)present(ations): turning second-hand clothes into stylish outfits
Turning second-hand clothes into stylish outfits, Standing (re)present(ations) aims to demonstrate that you don’t need expensive clothing to create your dream outfit. To set up this concept, a fashion stylist turns second-hand clothes into styled outfits, based on teenagers’ favorite fashion icons. When the outfits are ready,...
Does drill music reflect or drive crime?
According to a new report by the BBC, drill music is increasingly finding its way into courtrooms around the UK. The report looked at 67 trials that occurred across the UK from 2005 onwards, where road rap and UK drill were used in evidence. The vast majority of the defendants in those...